Your jewelry is a great treasure and it should be treated that way. Your jewelry such as your wedding set, earrings, bracelets, and necklaces should be cleaned and checked a minimum of every six months due to the wear that pieces of jewelry take on a daily basis. Think of your prongs, bezels, etc. like the tires on your car. The more you drive on those tires, the more wear they incur. After a certain point of wear, the tires need to be replaced to avoid something bad happening. At Comeau Jewelry, our skilled experienced jewelers will check and clean all of your pieces while you wait. Usually the process only takes a few minutes, and then your jewelry is presented to you, clean, shimmering and sparkling, ready for you to wear. If there is any maintenance that is required, we will explain the process of repairing it and quote you the exact cost of doing so. All of our repair work is done on the premises by one of our three skilled jewelers and most jobs can be completed within 7 business days. The graphic below shows how a prong can wear thin over time (right side) and then shows how the prong should look when it’s new or after it has been retipped or rebuilt (left side).
At Comeau Jewelry Company we specialize in Custom Jewelry, especially Custom Bridal. We feel that no two brides are the same, so why should their rings be? Making a one of a kind piece of jewelry can be more time consuming than something “off the rack” but the end results are always worth it. We have a few tips for our customers who are thinking about creating their own work of wearable art.
1. Find your inspiration. What woman does not love to dream on Pinterest? Find your top 5 dream rings on Pinterest, Etsy, or Google, and ask yourself what parts of them do you admire the most? Your dream ring is beginning to take shape.
2. Selecting your Diamond. When selecting the diamond you will wear for the rest of your life, you want to be assured that you are getting the best diamond you can. We select all of our diamonds based off the 4 C’s of Diamond Grading. Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat Weight. We search for the perfect balance of each of the 4 C’s when we pick our diamonds for our customers. In our opinion, one of the most under appreciated C of all is Cut. You could have the most flawless, white diamond in the world in front of you, but if it is not cut well, it will not sparkle. Above all we advise let logic fall by the wayside and allow instinct to lead the way in selecting a stone. A diamond is not about what it says on the piece of paper, they all sparkle in their own unique way.
3. Budget Basics. Determine your budget for the ring of your dreams. Comeau Jewelry prides ourselves with providing the best ring for our customer’s budget. We will work with you to get you the ring of your dreams with a price tag that you are comfortable with. We now offer 24 month INTEREST FREE Financing, pending approval, to help you along the way. There is no set price for the custom process, pricing is determined on a case by case basis.
4. Collaborate on a Sketch and Wax Model. Our Future/Past Brides, after an initial custom consultation, are presented with a digital rendering of the ring, to make sure it was everything they desire. Once the rendering is approved, we will 3D Print a wax model of the ring to show you a lifesize example of what your finished custom piece will look like. When the wax is approved your ring will be complete in approximately 3-4 weeks.
5. Allow Time for Casting and Further Customizations. The ring will be cast, cleaned, and then the stones are set by our experienced jewelers in our stores. After the ring is set and polished, the statement sparkler is ready to slipped onto the finger!
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Hours of Operation
Joplin, MO 64804
Hours of Operation